A cluster of boils is caused usually by infection of Staphylococci bacteria this is commonly known as a Carbuncle. The infection spreads subcutaneous, and the cluster of boils (carbuncles) appears linked together.
Carbuncles is a particularly painful and unpleasant condition, which may be accompanied by fever and is often debilitating.
Carbuncles often occur on the nape of the neck, but can be found elsewhere e.g. face, breast and buttocks. They occur more frequently in males. The infection is deep rooted, and will normally require antibiotic treatment. When the carbuncle erupts, there can be copious amounts of pus, it is normally slow to heal and will leave a large scar unlike a single boil.
Additional Medical Conditions
- Future Football Can AI Replace Fitness T...
- Beginners Weight Training Tips
- Dieting Can Make You Fatter!
- Running Shoes Can Takeaway The Pain When...
- Botox Ends Clammy palms for Hyperhidrosi...